An easy way to connect with a contact is to send them a piece of content they may find interesting. Contactually’s Article Sharing feature can help you accomplish that.
STEP 1: GO TO YOUR SETTINGS
- Click on your picture or initials in the top right corner of your account.
- Click on Settings.
- On the left hand side under Features, click Article Sharing.
STEP 2: BOOKMARK BUTTON
Welcome to your Article library! Here is where all of the articles you log in Contactually will reside. An easy way to store articles here is by using the Bookmark button.
- Click and drag the large blue “+Add To Contactually” button up to your browser bookmark bar. It does not matter what browser you are using.
- You should know see the bookmark button added to your browser bookmark bar.
STEP 3: FIND AN ARTICLE
Let’s find an interesting website you want to share with people in your network.
- Click open a new tab in your browser.
- Type in www.washingtonpost.com into the URL and click Enter. This will take you to the Washington Post website.
- Once the webpage loads, click on the Contactually bookmark button in your bookmark bar. This pop up will appear.
- The first field shows the URL of the website
- The second field lists the title of the website
- The third field is an area where you can write a quick summary about the article and why it may be relevant.
- You can edit all of the fields
- Type in the third box, “This is the local news for Washington, DC which is where Contactually is located”. You can keep the other fields as-is.
- Click the green Save to Contactually button. The article is now logged in your article library.
STEP 4: REFRESH YOUR ARTICLE LIBRARY
Check to see if the article logged in Contactually.
- Click back to your Contactually account. Make sure you’re back in your article library.
- Refresh your browser.
- You should now see the Washington Post website you just logged. You can use this article when following up with your contacts.
You will now send the article to a contact in your network.
- Search for Zvi Band in the search box at the top left of your Contactually account.
- Bring up Zvi’s profile. He should be in there from when you first signed up for Contactually. If he’s not, feel free to use any contact in your system.
- Click the blue Follow Up button to bring up the follow up module.
- Click the blue “Add Content” link underneath the Subject line.
- Choose the Washington Post article you just logged. The message will automatically populate with a default template.
Feel free to edit/delete the message. To apply a content template you’ve created, click on the “Content sharing templates” link.
- Click the Send button and your article is on it’s way to your contact.
To learn more about what to say when following up – read here.
To learn more about Article Sharing – read here.
Learn how custom fields can personalize your templates.