Introducing two people within your network is a great way to expand your network. This post will help you find those people to introduce.
Think of your client’s personal life and see if anyone in your network has similar attributes. If you don’t know too much about the person, Google him/her. Other sources of information include social media sites. A quick scan of a facebook profile or LinkedIn page may give you relevant information about your client’s personal life.
If not, think through these questions:
Have they/will they be going on vacation somewhere?
Have a particular hobby or interest?
Are they going through a major change in their life?
Are they involved in activities/groups in the neighborhood?
To make it easier for you to introduce people within your network, we have developed an introduction feature! Here’s how you use it.
STEP 1: CHOOSE THE CONTACTS
Figure out who you’d like to introduce. In this case, one of the contacts will be your client, so search for them and click to their profile page. Then follow these directions:
- Click on the blue “Follow Up” button to bring up the follow up module.
- Click on the blue “Introduce” link below the subject line.
- Type in the name of the person you’d like to introduce your client to. Select their name from the search results.
STEP 2: MAKE THE INTRODUCTION
You should now see two tabs on the right hand side – reference information for each of the contacts. In the middle of the screen, you should see each contact’s intro summary.
- Type in a quick sentence about how you know Contact 1 (your client).
- Type in a quick sentence about how you know Contact 2 (the person you are introducing to your client).
- Click the blue Preview button and you will see the template populate!
- Edit the message to your liking. You can even add in more details too.
- Once you’re happy with it, click Send and the message is on it’s way!
If you’re interested in exploring some of our introduction templates, check out our Template Library.
If you’d like step by step directions on how to make your own introduction template, check out this article.
Read how two Contactually users, Bryan and Michael, significantly increased their referrals with the help of Contactually.