You want to prevent follow ups from piling up on your dashboard. Review your settings to ensure you are set up for success, not failure.
- Go to the top right corner of your account and click on your picture or initials. Click on Settings.
By default you’ll be taken to your follow up settings. Let’s break down these setting options.
- The first portion asks about follow up reminders. In this example, let’s keep it checked to receive follow up reminders.
If you’re more concerned with organizing your database first and do not want follow ups just yet, then uncheck this option.
Assuming you want follow up reminders, you’ll now see:
- Change the number of follow ups generated each day to 1.
No matter how busy you are, you have time for 1 follow up a day which totals to 5 a week. The follow up can be done before you get out of bed in the morning! It can be done while sipping on a cup of coffee or waiting before an event. Just do it.
Now, are you the type of person who would prefer to do a little Contactually work each day? If so then have the reminders come daily. Or do you have days of your week blocked off to do computer work? Then perhaps the weekly reminders are ideal for you. Mimic your normal process in Contactually.
- Uncheck the option to receive daily emails.
While the recommendation is to uncheck this option, choose what works best for you. Are you the type of person who would prefer to send the follow ups from your inbox? If so, you may want to check this option to receive follow up reminders in your email. If you think that would just add to the noise of your inbox, keep it unchecked.
- Double check the email settings are set to your proper time zone.
- Check to receive your statistics at the end of the week.
It’s cool to see how many follow ups you’ve made or how many email signatures Contactually captured. Check this box.
- Click the big blue “Save” button and your settings will be saved.
Learn how to make Contactually a habit.